Sessional Youth Development Worker
Hourly rate: £9 per hour (range of hours available)
£1.50 per hour enhancement for Detached work and Leader role
Responsible To: Youth Development Worker
Objective of Post:
To work as a Detached and Centre based Youth Development Worker, on the streets or inhouse. Supporting or leading the Delivery of a wide range of stimulating and creative programmes. This is to enable children and young people aged 8-24 years access the widest possible variety of activities in their own community.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Work with children and young people in a detached and centre based environment, to plan and deliver activities and events in their area.
- Work creatively with young people encouraging them to express their views and take control of their projects.
- Administration of paperwork following activities, to include sessions plans, registers, monitoring and evaluation sheets. To be returned to the Youth Development Worker.
- Organise group activities.
- Act as a role model for young people.
- Take part in planning and evaluation of activities.
- Work to implement the Positive Future Way and young person’s journey.
- To comply with equal opportunities and be non-discriminatory in all aspects of work undertaken.
- Be responsible for and comply with all health and safety regulations; be familiar with all operational systems and procedures including emergency evacuation and to comply with Safe Guarding Children Policies and guidelines.
- To take part in training where necessary to aid personal development.
- Although this job description outlines the main responsibilities, it is not an exhaustive list of duties. From time to time, you may be asked to undertake duties, which could reasonably be constructed as being within the remit of the post.
To download the full Job Description, click here.
Closing date: 31st July 2019
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.