Sessional Youth Development Worker
Salary: £9 per hour for Activity Groups (Increasing to £9.50 as of April 2020)
£10.50 per hour for Detached Work
Hours: Range of hour available
Responsible To: Youth Development Worker
- Holiday pay paid monthly on top of hourly rate
- Range of working hours available to suit your needs
- Full Enhanced DBS supplied
- Full training provided including Safeguarding, Health & Safety, First Aid
- Positive Futures ID Badge and Uniform provided for all staff
- Quarterly Support Sessions carried out
Objective of Post
To work as a Detached and Centre based Youth Development Worker, on the streets or in-house. Supporting or leading the delivery of a wide range of stimulating and creative programmes. This is to enable children and young people aged 8-24 years access the widest possible variety of activities in their own community.
Some duties will include
- Work with children and young people in a detached and centre based environment, to plan and deliver activities and events in their area.
- Work creatively with young people encouraging them to express their views and take control of their projects.
- Administration of paperwork following activities, to include sessions plans, registers, monitoring and evaluation sheets. To be returned to the Youth Development Worker.
- Organise group activities.
To download the full Job Description, click here.
To apply, please complete our Application Form (Please note: Please ensure you fully complete our Application Form in order to be considered for the role, CV’s are not accepted in isolation).
Please send completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.